• Zoo Idaho will host Zoo daytime classes from 10 am to noon on Wednesdays in June at the Zoo Idaho Education Building, 3101 Avenue of the Chiefs in Pocatello. These one-day classes are perfect for investigative-minded children aged 5 to 13. Groups study various topics with age-appropriate activities. The cost is $ 15 and prior registration is required. Register at tinyurl.com/y45rw7p. This week’s topic is “Feathered Birds”. If you think feathers, flight, and dinosaurs are cool, then you’ll want to sign up for this birdlife adventure.
• The Animal Shelters Advisory Council will meet today at noon in the Council Chamber of Pocatello Town Hall.
• The Police Union negotiations will continue today at 1:00 p.m. in the council chamber of Pocatello Town Hall.
• The Bannock Civitans will kick off the Revive @ 5 summer concerts from 5 to 8 pm today at the downtown pavilion. Live on stage, The Eclectics will perform, and there will be great food, cold drinks and fun for the whole family.
• The Planning and Zoning Commission will meet today at 6 pm in the council chamber of the town hall of Pocatello.
• Al-Anon, a group of friends and family of alcoholics, meets Wednesdays at 6:30 pm via Zoom. For more information, call 208-232-2692.
• The Union Taproom, inside the historic Yellowstone Hotel at 230 W. Bonneville St. in Pocatello, will host DJ Trivia from 7 to 9 pm today.
• Jarid Greene will host an open mic night from 7 to 10 p.m. today at the Oasis Bar, 304 N. Main St. in Pocatello. Sing us a song, play an instrument, tell a joke or read a poem.
• One One Seven Music Lounge, 117 S. Main St. in Pocatello, hosts an open mic night every Wednesday from 8 p.m.
• Courtesy of Ford & Lincoln, 1600 Yellowstone Ave. in Pocatello, will host a Customer Appreciation Fiesta from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Thursday. There will be tacos, games and raffles.
• Casting for Recovery Eastern Idaho will be holding a fundraiser from 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Thursday at The Union Taproom, 230 W. Bonneville St. There will be a raffle and silent auction, and a percentage of food and beverage sales. will be donated to help raise money for the Breast Cancer Retirement Program.
• There will be a Hearing Examiners meeting at 5:30 pm Thursday in the Council Chamber at Pocatello Town Hall.
• The Yellowstone Restaurant, 230 W. Bonneville St. in Pocatello, will host a jazz night featuring The Dewdroppers from 6 pm to 8 pm Thursday.
• Off the Rails Brewing, 228 S. Main St. in Pocatello, will host its June beer event with live music by Shawn Barnby from 6 pm to 8:30 pm Thursday.
• Rock band Phoenix Risen will perform from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm Thursday at American Falls City Park as part of the free weekly Music in the Park event. Food trucks Angels Tacos and BBQ Shooters will be on site. Bring a blanket or a chair.
• There will be an open mic at Station Square, 200 S. Main St. in Pocatello, from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Thursday. Come join in for a fun evening with an open mic for poetry, stories and music. Bring a friend and bring an instrument. Bring a poem or just bring yourself. Crafted will be open with food, beer and wine, coffee and more.
• The Bourbon Barrel, 238 W. Clark St. in Pocatello, hosts karaoke every Thursday at 8 p.m.
• Rockland Public School, 321 E. Center St. in Rockland, will host the 16th Annual Dutch Oven and Melodrama Dinner on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Dinner is 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. each evening and the show begins at 7:30 p.m., with an additional morning at 4 p.m. on Saturday. Admission is $ 15 for dinner and the show ($ 7.50 for children 12 and under) or $ 10 for the show or dinner ($ 4 for children). Dinner includes three tips, pulled pork, potatoes, salad, rolls, cobbler and ice cream, as well as a homemade root beer.
• The Palace Theater, 158 E Chubbuck Road, will present a production of “Legally Blonde” at 7 pm Thursday, Friday and Saturday with an additional brunch at noon on Saturday. Friday and Saturday shows include an optional brunch or dinner in addition to the show. Tickets range from $ 36 to $ 42. Tickets for the show only are $ 20 for the Friday and Saturday night shows and $ 16 for the Thursday show and the brunch show. If you would like a dinner or brunch in addition to the show, call 208-238-8001 to make a reservation. Tickets for the show only can be purchased online at palacetheatrearts.com.
To submit a community calendar item, send an email to [email protected] Limit entries to 50 words.