Arise and shine, Mobile! It’s Saturday, so let’s start with everything you need to know that’s going on in town today.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Sunny and pleasant. High: 83 Low: 63.
Here are today’s top mobile stories:
- 2021 Jazz on the roof The event will take place on October 24 where guests can bring lawn chairs and enjoy an evening of music outdoors. Tickets are limited to ensure a safe gathering at Presbyterian Center to Dauphin Street. A donation of $ 10 is encouraged. (FOX10 News)
- Over 12,000 pounds of paper were collected at Community shredding day in Daphne Friday. News from WKRG 5 in partnership with the Better Business Bureau hot the event from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm The shredding day allowed the community to safely dispose of important documents. (WKRG News 5)
- Cell A65, a Alabama community action group organized a demonstration and launched petitions against two University of Southern Alabama presidential candidates. (NBC 15 WPMI)
- The owners of a Alabama apartment were fined $ 20,000 for discriminating against children under 12 during the coronavirus pandemic. (AL.com)
- National drug recovery day enabled the safe disposal of unnecessary drugs in Mobile. (FOX10 News)
Today on mobile:
- Arts & Crafts Story Time – Mobile Public Library (9:00 am)
- African-American Genealogy Workshop with Mary Jones-Fitts: Jails, Prisons, & Convict Leasing (10:00 am)
- DIS-IS-ABLE: book signing and sensory story time (1:30 p.m.)
- Saturday Craft: Stupid Scarecrow Craft (2:00 p.m.)
- Spooky Outdoor Screenings: The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) (5:30 p.m.)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
You are all taken for today. I’ll catch up to you early tomorrow with a new update! If you enjoy these newsletters, consider bringing in more friends and neighbors. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Sammi Caramela
About me: Associate Editor at Lightning Media Partners and author of âSome Place Like Homeâ.