Happy Sunday neighbors! Let’s start this day. Here’s everything you need to know about what’s happening in Miami today.
Are you a local business owner or marketer in Miami? Our premium local sponsorships keep you on top of inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the truth.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Wet and cloudy all day. High: 84 Low: 81.
Here are the best stories in Miami today:
1. Miami-Dade County Public Schools To changed his protocol for the way high school students and staff quarantine following exposure to COVID-19. Any individual who is not vaccinated can get a PCR test on or after the fifth day after direct contact and return to class if returns negative. Vaccinated students and staff who are asymptomatic are not required to quarantine. (WSVN)
2. A new report says Miami-Dade School District embezzled $ 6 million for driver education programs. According to the probe, school administrators knowingly misrepresented the state of the program and claimed that 36 or 37 campuses had work programs that met district standards when in fact only 6 did. A school car for the program was abandoned in a neighborhood parking lot for so long that the wasps had nestled inside. (CBS Miami)
3. One South Florida Woman reunited with her family dog, Sparky, who went missing from home for almost a year. 331 days after her dog went missing, the woman says she saw a Facebook post from Westie Sunshine State Rescue and knew scintillating had been found. (NBC Miami)
4. A neighbor broke into a Miami-Dade Southwest Home using a mass. The victim’s wife says the family were at home when the neighbor burst through their front door and a fight ensued between the owner and two intruders. Julio Perez, 37 is responsible for first degree murder attempt and armed robbery. The victim has set up a GoFundMe to help them move to a new home. (WSVN)
5. From October, The New World Symphony Orchestra will sell its first tickets since the pandemic and have audiences at New World Center in Miami Beach at 50% of its capacity. The Aventura Arts and Culture Center Also follows Broward Center’s COVID safety protocols, including a mask requirement and full proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test. (Miami Today News)
Today in Miami:
- Free family fishing workshop At the tropical park. (10:00 AM)
- Cuba Nostalgia 2021. (11:00)
- Miami Beach Pride Parade. (11:00)
- Market @ THesis Hotel Miami. (11:00)
- SJO Modern Jazz Series – Fernando UlibarrI. (15:00)
Miami Patch Notebook
- Miami-Dade Parks: âCuteness overload! Our friends The Underline captured a curious manatee near the River Room of #BrickellBackyard. It’s always nice to see nature and parks come together in one beautiful moment. #TheUnderlineâ (Facebook)
- Miami-Dade Public Library System: âWe’re celebrating #HispanicHeritageMonth with this month’s staff picks for kids! Discover them with your #MDPLS library card! #MDPLSStaffPicks #LibraryCardSignUpMonth https://bddy.me/39da0QC “(Facebook)
- Miami Arts and Business Council: “#CoralGablesArts A View from the Bridge – This stunning Young Vic Theater production of Arthur Miller’s tragic masterpiece won a trio of 2014 Olivier Awards, including Best Revival, Best Actor for Mark Strong (The Imitation Game; …” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Concerts and services:
Please follow and stay informed. I’ll see you soon! If you like these newsletters, consider bringing some of your friends and neighbors into the fold. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Carlos hernandez
About me: Hello, my name is Carlos Hernandez and I am a food writer with over 10 years of experience in the industry. I write the Carlos Eats Food Blog (http://www.carloseats.com) and I also contribute to several newspapers and magazines with food blogs and articles.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Miami Daily? I’m all ears. You can contact me at [email protected]